As things have moved and shifted during the past 2 years, so have our Oaxaca coast flights. We are happy to say that flights have picked up and it’s again easy and convenient to get to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido.
How to get to the Oaxaca Coast by Plane
From the U.S. and Canada, you can take a direct flight to Huatulco during winter months from several U.S. and Canadian cities.
Otherwise, convenient connecting flights run mainly through Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (HUX) and Puerto Escondido (PXM). By flying into Mexico City, you can take one of several daily flights to Huatulco or Puerto Escondido. Some of the flights listed below do not show up through flight search engines like Expedia. It is most efficient to check directly with the airlines.
Direct Flights to Huatulco
- American Airlines offers direct flights from Dallas Fort Worth to Huatulco twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Air Canada flies direct from Toronto on Saturdays.
- WestJet offers nonstop flights from Vancouver on Sundays, from Edmonton on Thursdays, from Calgary on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and from Toronto on Saturdays.
- Volaris flies direct from Chicago on Saturdays.
Connecting Flights to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido
- Aeromexico has 2 to 3 daily flights from Mexico City into Huatulco and 2 daily flights into Puerto Escondido. Aeromexico flies direct to Mexico City from Atlanta, Austin, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New York, Orlando, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver. Aeromexico partners with Delta.
- VivaAerobus flies directly from Mexico City to Huatulco with 2 daily flights and 3 daily flights during winter months into Puerto Escondido. Direct flights from the States to Mexico City from Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio and San Diego via CBX (Cross Border Express.)
- Volaris flies to several U.S. cities from Mexico City and directly to Huatulco from Chicago. From Mexico City, Volaris serves Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Oakland and San Diego via CBX.
- Aeromar flies direct to Puerto Escondido from Mexico City.
- Magnicharters flies to Huatulco from Mexico City.
Fly to Puerto Escondido and Huatulco from Oaxaca
- Aerotoucan flies daily to both Huatulco and Puerto Escondido from Oaxaca with 2 to 3 daily flights.
- Aerovega flies to Puerto Escondido.
Direct flights within Mexico to Huatulco
- Vivaaerobus has a direct flight from Queretaro and Monterrey to Huatulco.
Rental cars can be found in Puerto Escondido at the airport from Hertz and a couple of local agencies as well as in the city center at Europcar and others. Cars rentals can be arranged at the Huatulco airport from Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Los Tres Reyes.
The center of Huatulco and Puerto Escondido can be accessed via Highway 200 that links Acapulco to Huatulco.
Taxis can be taken from both airports. Airport taxis are available, or you can walk approximately 150 meters out of either airport to the main highway and take a local taxi.
The sun is shining on the Oaxaca Coast. We hope you’ll join us for a relaxing break and to explore your investment opportunities! If you’re ready to find your dream home, get in touch! We’re happy to help you along the way.